Cole Porter: The Definitive Songbook - The Platinum Collection
Something for anyone to get a kick out of!
Cole Porter: The Definitive Songbook - The Platinum Collection presents 50 classic songs by one of Americaís foremost songwriters, arranged for Piano and Voice with Guitar chords. All songs have been newly engraved, thoroughly researched and edited to provide the best edition available. The list of songs includes the immortal pieces I Get A Kick Out Of You, Iíve Got You Under My Skin and Letís Do It (Letís Fall In Love) popularised by swing legends such as Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra.
Cole Porter was celebrated not only for the craftsmanship and beauty of hismusic, but for the wit and sophistication of his lyrics, which he wrote himself Ė a talent that set him apart from other songwriters of the time. Thanks to his early musical training heíd been responsible for six full productions and some 300 songs by the time he finished his education at Yale, at the age of 22. His legacy is an almost unbelievable treasure-house of great songs Ė witty, catchy, frivolous and deep Ė they represent the very highest achievement of the songwriterís art.
This glorious journey through 50 of the best Cole Porter songs will add to any musicianís repertoire and will delight both performers and audiences everywhere.
Publisher: Faber Music
1) Another Opínin, Another Show
7) Brush Up Your Shakespeare
10) Evíry Time We Say Goodbye
13) Goodbye, Little Dream, Goodbye
15) I Get A Kick Out Of You
16) I Happen To Like New York
20) In The Still Of The Night
21) Itís All Right With Me
23) Iíve Got You Under My Skin
24) Just One Of Those Things
25) Letís Do It (Letís Fall In Love)
29) Mister And Missus Fitch
30) My Heart Belongs To Daddy
33) Take Me Back To Manhattan
34) Thank You So Much Missus Lowsborough-Goodby
39) Were Thine That Special Face
40) What Is This Thing Called Love?
41) Where Is The Life That Late I Led?
42) Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
43) Why Canít You Behave?
45) You Do Something To Me
47) Youíd Be So Nice To Come Home To
50) Youíve Got That Thing